Sunday, July 3, 2011

News-News

So... I thought I'd just casually mention that it's been almost 3 weeks (tomorrow!) since I've found out that I got accepted into vet school. Y'know, nothing to brag about=P But yeah, still desperate to know how I'll fund this whole investing in my future business, otherwise I'm quite content. So you know, I was super ecstatic when I found out, like skipping-down-the-street-smiling-at-random-strangers-with-tears-of-joy happy. Now that the notion has settled, I'm getting into the groove of being excited for a new chapter of my life. Cliche, I know. Yet that's exactly what it is, though I'm having an inkling that it'll be more like a whole new volume of my life than just a chapter. The knowledge and the experiences that are just waiting for me to cross the threshold of.

Many people have since asked whether I'm excited about it, and being the suave fellow that I am, have given quite the nonchalant answer. Poker face, 'tis my middlename. It's just the same principle that I apply to dramas: keeping expectations low and in check help break the fall if (or when) the letdown happens. I'm petrified of living away from home. I know I sometimes secretly wish to have a place of my own if only to have multiple pets, but this is living away-away from home. Shameful to admit this, but I'm friggin useless for matters pertaining to household management. I can barely feed and keep up the hygiene when I'm left to my own devices. And without other likeminded people to talk to or to joke with, I get so miserable. OMG, just thinking about it makes me cringe in fear. And yet, I'm so excited to be doing vet school. Like finally getting to learn the stuff because by golly-gee I've always wanted to learn this stuff and doing such sparse volunteer/clinic stuff the knowledge rarely sticks and I always feel slightly stupid for forgetting things... So you see, I'm really on both sides of the coin for vet school at the present situation. Of course I want to do it!! But at the same time I'm so prone to homesickness and whatnot that I'm just a ball of nerves.

Did I also mention my stark surrender of drama watching for the next 4 years? Yes, I am committed to no drama watching for 4 long years..... Deserted from any dramas, not even specials, not even holidays, no siree.... (though I'm going to at least read about it... I mean, only if and when I'm done studying/need a break. Movies, I'm going to allow as a treat...I need to survive somehow...) So in this short summer that remains, I've selected my last dramas:
-Sunao ni Narenakute
-Hyena
-Hotaru no Hikari
-Alone in Love
-and whatever else I need to attempt to wrap up on, though we all know they're pretty much lost causes...

No comments: